DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING BY RESEARCH (DIE-R)
The Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial Engineering by Research program covers a broad spectrum including human factors and ergonomics, mathematical modeling, and data analytics and applications. The objectives of this program are to provide the knowledge and develop the skills of the students for them to become leaders of research in the academe, industry, and government.
The field of industrial engineering is vital to the technological, industrial, and economic development of our country. This program will train personnel to do research in the new and emerging trends in industrial engineering.
Students of this program must have a master’s degree in Industrial Engineering or other related fields.
Program Educational Objectives
- To continuously update its graduate program curricula in relation to worldwide academic standards and industry needs.
- To create centers of research that will conduct activities on research and development on emerging fields and cutting-edge technologies.
- To support faculty members in their postdoctoral work and training in new and advanced technologies.
- To encourage the dissemination of research output of faculty members and students through participation in local and international conferences and fora, publication to local and international journals, and participation in graduate seminars and colloquia.
- To initiate the transfer of research output into useful technologies.