MASTER OF ENGINEERING - INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING (MEP-IE)
The fully online Master of Engineering in Industrial Engineering (MEP-IE) program is a general practice-oriented program designed to train individuals to become both managerial and technical leaders. Its courses focus on strengthening comprehension in the areas of operations research, human factors and ergonomics, and production technology, as well as on further developing analysis, strategy, and decision-making.
Candidates for the degree shall be required to undergo practicum in industry or relevant training in an equivalent agency to enable the graduates of the program to be acquainted with current practices in industry or research. MEP-IE is appropriate for undergraduates with a degree in business, technology, engineering, or industrial education.
Program Educational Objectives
- To continuously update its graduate program curricula in relation to worldwide academic standards and industry needs.
- To create centers of research that will conduct activities on research and development on emerging fields and cutting-edge technologies.
- To support faculty members in their postdoctoral work and training in new and advanced technologies.
- To encourage the dissemination of research output of faculty members and students through participation in local and international conferences and fora, publication to local and international journals, and participation in graduate seminars and colloquia.
- To initiate the transfer of research output into useful technologies.