School of Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management
The Mapua School of Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IE-EMG) provides state-of-the-art delivery of essential knowledge in science, math, humanities, and engineering.
It will train you to become both a technical and managerial leader with topnotch programs designed to strengthen your comprehension in the areas of production and quality, service systems, human factors and ergonomics, business processes, optimization and simulation.
The School of Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IE-EMG) has constantly produced graduates ready to take lead roles in professional areas such as engineering, manufacturing, logistics, health systems, retail, services and management.
It encourages you to do research for you to understand the current trends of industries, which will help you develop cutting-edge solutions and create efficient and sustainable innovations for businesses in the future.
The general objective of the School of Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IE-EMG) is to prepare students for a career in the field of Industrial Engineering (IE) and Management Engineering (MgtE). Graduates of the curriculum must have specialized knowledge and skills in the mathematical, physical, social, and basic engineering sciences together with the professional courses in industrial engineering, service & engineering management, and management engineering.
The school offers both undergraduate level (B.S. IE and B.S. MgtE) and graduate level (M.S. IE, M.S. EMG, MEP-IE, DIE-R) programs. The school also offers an honors program for straight BS and MS degree in Industrial Engineering (B.M. IE)
ABET Student Outcomes
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
PTC and CHED Student Outcomes
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret from data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in the global and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice