BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MANAGEMENT ENGINEERING (BS MGTE)
A bachelor’s degree in Management Engineering gives its graduates a distinction and advantage. This program combines business management and decision sciences education that prepare its students to occupy decision-making positions in business across a myriad of industries.
The program aims to produce graduates who have the knowledge and skills to provide sound and optimal decisions within a business organization, develop efficient, cost-effective and technology-enabled business processes, deliver data-driven and analytical decisions and strategies as well as scientific approaches to problem solving.
Graduates must be able to manage and lead in the form of consultation, design, preparation of plans, specifications, estimates, implementation, and supervision in the areas of: service management, business and business process outsourcing, facilities and property management, and supply, logistics, and transportation management.
*Selected students with exceptional standing during their SHS can take our honor program of straight BS MGTE and MS EM (BMEM) program subject to grade requirements.
Program Educational Objectives
Within the five year after graduation, the graduates of management engineering shall have:
- Undertaken, singly or in teams, projects that show ability to solve complex business problems in the areas of productivity, quality control, methods and process improvement, systems analysis, logistics and supply chain, ergonomics, facilities planning, strategic management, and other related industrial engineering fields
- Had substantial involvement in projects that help in nation building and advancement by successfully demonstrating professional and technical competencies
- Demonstrated professional success via promotions and/or positions of increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated professional advancement towards completion of developmental/continuing education in advanced management engineering and related degrees
- Exhibited professional attitude and ethical behavior in management engineering practice
What Do Management Engineers Do?
Management engineering uses industrial engineering and business management knowledge and skills to develop, implement, and monitor more efficient, cost-effective business processes and strategies. They evaluate current systems, determine problems and develop recommendations for improvements.
- Develop and design process workflows review
- Evaluate and proposed, organizational structure and workload management.
- Plan and integrate business-related methods and processes
- Defining workplace needs and designing physical workplace layouts.
- Developing information systems to monitor the productivity, costs, and operational efficiency
- Cost benefit analysis
- Analyze the business environment and recommend strategic direction
Career opportunities can be in the areas of finance, sales and marketing, human resource management, information systems, production and operations and consultancy in the following industries
- Services (Food, Healthcare, Insurance)
- Banking and Finance
- Consumer Goods
- Property Development and Management
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Information Technology